This article shows you how to make money as a webcam model. It contains hints and tips suitable for all levels from beginners to the experienced model. It gives you the basic information you need as well as addressing any worries or fears that you might have. With this article you will be well on your way to making money in no time at all. If you have ever considered a career as a webcam model or you are looking for a way to work from home and make money in your spare time then this is the article for you. Just follow these steps before getting started.
How to make money as a webcam model
Minimum required specifications
- Operating System
- For standalone JasminCam: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.9 or above
- For browser JasminCam: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6 or later, openSUSE 11.3 or later, or Ubuntu 10.04 or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3-370M @ 2.40GHz / AMD Athlon II X3 405e or above
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Memory for Mac: 4 GB RAM
- Internet connection: broadband connection with 1000 kbps international uploading and 1500 kbps downloading speed
- Browser: latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Opera
- Latest version of Flash Player installed (within Internet Explorer in case of standalone JasminCam)
- For Mac: Flash Player 22 Mac for Safari and Firefox – NPAPI Download(links to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/)
- A webcamera that is able to stream at 1080p Full HD with continuous 30 FPS
- Operating System
- For standalone JasminCam: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 with latest updates installed, Mac OS X 10.9 or above
- Minimum 1280×720 screen resolution.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4200M @ 2.50GHz or a better latest generation quad core or 8 core CPU
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Internet connection: broadband, Ethernet cable connection with 1500 kbps international uploading and 2000 kbps downloading speed
- Browser: latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Opera
- Minimum 100 MB free space on local hard drive
- Audio card and microphone for voice
- Latest version of Flash Player installed (within Internet Explorer in case of standalone JasminCam).Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime version 9.0c or above
- One of our recommended cameras, set to a 16:9 resolution
Adobe Flash Player
Jasmin.com uses Flash technology to stream live camera feeds and to operate the chat interface on the site. For this reason, it is crucial to have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. Chrome comes with a built-in flash player but for other browsers, you may install or update it if necessary from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
To run the standalone JasminCam software, you will need the latest version of Flash Player installed in Internet Explorer (or Edge) as well.
To be able to stream on the site you will need a camera with 1920×1080 pixels resolution which can stream at a 30 frames per second (FPS) rate or higher.
- Pick a username that is easy to remember. A name like SugarXXXKisses69 will be harder for someone to remember than SweetMary. By selecting an easy to remember name, you will increase the chances of having repeat visitors who could become regular clients. One key to becoming a top paid model is regular clients.
- While deciding upon a username, make sure the one you choose is also free on Twitter and any other social networking site you might want to promote yourself on. Having the same username will make it easier for you to promote yourself and bring new members to the webcam site you are on.
Payouts on Jasmin.com are sent periodically, twice a month. You need to reach your Payout Limit in a period in order to receive payment on the payout date of that period. The Payout Limit can vary between $100 and $10,000. If you reach your Payout Limit in the first period of a month (1st – 15th), you will receive your payment by the 10th of the next month. If you reach the Payout Limit in the second period of a month (16th – 31st), you will receive your payout by the 25th of the next month. If you do not reach the Payout Limit in a period, your earnings are rolled over to the next period until you reach your Payout Limit. The payout dates are always on the 10th and 25th of the following month, regardless of the payment method you choose. Basically, we send payments several days before the official payout dates to make sure everyone receives their funds in time.
Each month consists of two payment periods; the first period of a month lasts from the 1st until the 15th, while the second period of a month lasts from the 16th until the last day of the month.
The Payout Limit is the amount of earnings you need to collect before you can receive payment. Normally you are advised to choose the lowest payout limit ($100) to ensure that you will be paid frequently.
The payout date of the first period of a month is on the 10th of the next month, whilst the payout date of the second period of a month is on the 25th of the next month. You need to reach the payout limit in a period in order to get paid on the payout date. As we send payments several days before the official payout dates, you may receive the funds earlier than the above dates.
The Payment Method is the way we execute your earnings; it can be sent to a MasterCard card, by bank wire transfer, on a paper check or to a Webmoney account, each processed by 3rd party companies like ePayService.
We currently have four payment methods available on our website: ePayService, WebMoney and Regular paper check (only in the USA)
Firstchoice Pay is an e-Wallet based payout solution. By choosing this option, you will be paid on your Firstchoice Pay virtual account from where you can easily transfer funds to your Firstchoice Pay MasterCard® card.
Setting up a Firstchoice Pay account through Jasmin.com does not cost you anything. Jasmin.com covers the start-up costs, including the fee of the Firstchoice Pay Prepaid MasterCard® card.
If you choose the Firstchoice Pay prepaid MasterCard, you will receive your card in 10-30 business days after applying for it. Withdrawing money from a Firstchoice Pay account at an ATM costs $2.75 per transaction, while the monthly account maintenance fee is currently $2.00. The prepaid MasterCard® cards are issued through WireCard Bank (Germany) and have a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $2,500 and additional $2,500 for purchasing in stores. You can read more information on card activation and other Firstchoice Pay issues here.
You can read more about Firstchoice Pay here.
ePayService is an e-Wallet based payout solution. By choosing this option, you will be paid to your ePayService virtual account from where you can easily transfer funds to your ePayService MasterCard® card, to your local bank account, to your Webmoney account or you can issue a US paper check for yourself.
Setting up an ePayService virtual account does not cost you anything. ePayService will automatically ship you a new MasterCard card for free in 10-30 days.
If you choose to use the MasterCard option, after the first year, your card will have a yearly cost of $25. Withdrawing money from your MasterCard card at an ATM costs $1.50 per transaction. The cards are issued by Choice bank (Belize) and have a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $10,000.
If you choose the bank transfer option, you will be able to transfer funds from your virtual account to your local bank account. If your bank is in the United States, each deposit will cost $3. If your bank is located outside the United States, the international wire transfers will cost you $30.
If you choose to receive your funds from ePayService on a paper check, the shipment of the check will cost you $2.50 to the United States. These checks can be cashed in check cashing facilities as well as deposited into your bank account. If you do not receive the check on the payout date, it is advised to wait a couple of days since sometimes checks arrive to the address with a delay. In case you do not receive the check in reasonable time, you may ask to cancel the check which costs $20.
You can also ask ePayservice to transfer the funds to your Webmoney account. Your ePayservice account will be charged for $2 + 1% of the transferred amount for each Webmoney transfer.
You can read more about ePayservice here.
WebMoney Transfer is a global settlement system and environment for online business activities, established in 1998. Since then, over 30 million people have joined WebMoney , mainly from the eastern region of the world like Russia or Ukraine. Users of the system can register any number of WM purses and will be paid on these virtual accounts. The WebMoney unit (WM) is the unit in which the appropriate type of valuable is measured. As LiveJasmin sends payments in USD, a WMZ (USD), purse will be needed for receiving payments from us.
Setting up an WebMoney Virtual Account does not cost you anything. Receiving a payment to your WMZ (USD) purse from us will cost you 1% of the transaction amount. Once you set up your WMZ (USD) purse you will be able to keep track, spend and withdraw your WMZ funds in several ways.
As for spending your WMZ, WebMoney is accepted as a payment method by more than 100000 online businesses worldwide, WebMoney has a professional payment infrastructure built up mainly in the Eastern region of the world, which enables you to enjoy the benefits of WebMoney payments without withdrawing your funds. Typically, you can use your WMZ (USD) purse to pay at thousands of online stores and services globally, pay your mobile communications, public utilities, social systems, transport services, online entertainment or credit repayments. As a result, you will not face any fees of withdrawal.
As for withdrawing your funds, you can send them to any international VISA or MasterCard card you have in your possession or to your bank account in your area. Sending them to your own VISA or MasterCard card will take around 3 business days and cost 1% of the transaction amount, while depositing it to your bank account will take around 3 days and cost 1.5%.
You also can order a new prepaid card linked to your WebMoney account and access your funds by using this new prepaid card. WebMoney issues PaySpark card, PaySpark China UnionPay card and MyChoice VISA prepaid cards for WMZ users. The cost of the transfer to a service card is 1-2% of transaction amount and the payment goes through instantly.
Alternatively, you can exchange your WMZ units to cash at WebMoney exchange offices for a fee of minimum 1% per transaction instantly.
You can read more about WebMoney and withdrawal methods at here.
Regular paper check (only in the USA)
If you would rather not apply any of the 3rd party payment processors, an alternative solution is providing us with your physical address so that we will send your payment on a paper check to you. Please note that to send checks we still use 3rd party companies and also that this payment method may lengthen the payment delivery time.
Choosing paper check as your payout method does not entail additional costs in terms of ordering the check and mailing it to the address you previously provided. The standard checks we send can be cashed in check cashing facilities and deposited to bank accounts – while the courier checks can only be deposited into a bank account. If you deposit your check into a US bank account, there is no extra cost, but in any other case you may have to pay a small fee. Since it takes a couple of days for the checks to arrive, we mail them out approximately 10 days prior to the payout date. The checks are sent in a plain white envelope, there is no reference to the site or to the profile of the site. If you do not receive the check on the payout date, it is advised to wait a couple of days since sometimes checks arrive to the address with a slight delay. In case you choose not to wait or did not receive the check in reasonable time, you may ask to cancel the check which costs $20-$35 each and takes 5-10 days to process. Once the check is canceled the remaining amount will be sent to you via check or any other payout option you choose.
We use different payment processors for shipping US paper checks, such as MTACC Inc. The memo on the check is “Electronically Delivered Advertising Services”. Nothing refers to our website on the envelope.
Sender of payment
When you receive payment from us, the 3rd party company name will be indicated on your bank statement/check envelope as the sender of the funds. If the payment is sent through ePayService, the sender will be indicated as MTACC Inc. on your bank statements/check envelopes. The originator of these payments is the owner company of Jasmin.com, Duodecad IT Services Luxembourg S.à r.l.
When sending out payouts (whether to an e-Wallet or on a paper check) we use the following payment reference “Electronically Delivered Services”. There is no option to change this text. The reference for bank transfers made by 3rd party companies depends on the actual payment processor company.
Please note that Jasmin.com sends payouts in US dollars, therefore if you choose wire transfer as your payout method we recommend that you open a bank account in USD. This way you can avoid additional costs and unfavorable exchange rates.
Change of payout details
In order to change your current payment method please log in to your Studio account, go to Payout/Payout options, and use the “To change current payout provider click here” link at the bottom of the page.
Please make sure that you make/upload a brand new face+ID picture during the process.
- Use a high quality webcam. A 1 megapixel webcam could work, but the better your video quality, the more money you will make. Most sites list which models have high quality cams, so they have more traffic in their rooms. A standard high quality webcam accepted on all cam sites and used by many models is Logitech 720p Webcam Pro 900. Another one is the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 which is very high quality and HD. The demand for models with HD video streams is growing and this cam delivers.
- Lighting, lighting, lighting! Make sure you have enough lighting so you show up on webcam. Have at least two light sources, but three or four can help prevent your face from having shadows on it. Just make sure you aren’t lit up like a Christmas tree. Too much lighting isn’t good either.
- Clean your work area. Make sure the area around you and behind you are clean and clutter free. You can do a little decorating to make your surroundings attractive and to set the mood, but you want the focus to be on you, not on the items and objects in your surroundings.
- Make sure any toys or props you may use on cam are nearby. You don’t want to leave people waiting by going off cam to find something, and if a toy or prop is within reach, you can show it to those viewing to entice them to take you to private chat since they know you have it.
- Be dressed in something alluring and that highlights your assets. Also make sure to have any extra outfits nearby. Some people like to role play, so if you have other outfits handy, they will take you to private chat if the outfit fits the role they want.
- Plan ahead! When it comes to props, toys, and clothing, think about what you will want to use, what might be requested, and have them all ready. You can also plan any games or contests you may want to play with the members in your room (If you are on a site that allows tipping).
- Groom yourself! Before you go on cam, shower and get yourself clean. Shave. Do up your hair and put on any makeup you wish to. Remember, you are the product, so the better you look, the more money you can make.
- Take a deep breath and relax. It will be okay. Being nervous can show up on cam.
- ake a deep breaths and relax. Then go live. First and foremost, while appearance was stressed in the Pre-Show, you don’t need to have super model looks. The most important part of webcam modeling is your personality. People want to get to know who you are. Don’t be afraid to be yourself.
- Have fun! Don’t start a show thinking you will make money. You will, but models who are just on cam to make money, aren’t nearly as fun as those who are trying to enjoy the job. People will pay for time with you if they find you fun and entertaining. So let out your wild and fun side. If you’re not having a good time, chances are your viewers aren’t either.
- Know your limits. Viewers will often times want to get to know you on a personal level. Make up a fake name, location, ect. Pick a location that is in a similar place – if you live in Oregon, say you’re from Nevada. The viewer really doesn’t know. If you don’t want to show your face, then wear a mask or carefully adjust the camera. “Know thyself.”
- Browse through a few cams and get an idea of what they’re offering. Think about your “room” as a business but remember customer service, great products, and don’t let it get too boring. No one wants a waitress or waiter who is grumpy only looking for tips – they want an experience. Give it to them!
- Camming can be fun! Make it fun.
- Thank people for their tips and nice comments. Make conversation. People want more than masturbator, they want a connection. Virtually.
- Know the rules and regulations of the site. Some cam sites don’t let you smoke on screen. Some (most) often ban you from giving out your Skype or PayPal. Abide by the rules or be always worried about having your account and funds frozen
- Make use of your audio. People prefer to hear you speaking than typing. You can also say a lot more with your voice, since you can use different tones and inflections that aren’t available by type. People will get to hear you giggle, you whisper, and your moans. That’s part of the package they will want to pay for.
- Always be friendly and polite! If someone decides to act disruptive in your room, politely ask him or her to stop. If he or she doesn’t, don’t get into a fight, just kick or ban the person. Getting into it with the person will only take your attention away from those who want to pay you for that attention.
- Acknowledge and chat with everyone. Those who are paying members of the site should hold more of your attention, but free guests can sometimes be turned into paying members. So don’t ignore anyone.
- Learn nicknames or real names of the people who regularly visit your chatroom. The more they feel like you know each other, the more likely they will return and continue to take you to private chat. Make sure to always be welcoming to new people though, they could take you private, and become new regulars. The more regulars you have, the more time you will spend in private chat making money.
- If someone asks if you are single, tell him or her you are, even if you aren’t. This gives the fantasy in his or her mind that someday you two could become involved in a relationship. Of course it never will happen, but the fantasy could keep the person around as a paying regular.
- Beware of Beggars! You will encounter people who will beg you to do something in free chat. Usually it involves showing a part of your body or you doing something. Sometimes they will even promise to take you to private chat, but usually won’t. It’s nice to be responsive to members, and as you gain more experience, you will realise which requests are good to follow through on and which other ones are best left till someone pays.
- Don’t be afraid to make use of the toys and props you have at the ready! And do let those in your room know, what you have at the ready. That will lead to more private chats.
- Take the time to get up every so often. Dance around a little, keep your blood flowing and your enthusiasm up. If you are just sitting there looking bored, you will find it much harder to get paid for private chats.
- Most websites show to their members which models are new, so you will be getting people coming into your room to check out the new model. During this period, do your best to turn those curious people into regular members. Following the tips listed above will help.
- Set a Schedule! Before you even begin your first show, decide upon the schedule you want to have for your times on cam. This will make it much easier for those who want to find you later, since they will know when you are on next. This is one of the most important keys to being a top paid model. When your paying regulars know when you’ll be online, they will more likely be online, so you’ll spend more of your online cam time in paid private chats instead of in free chat.
- Use Twitter. When first starting out, search for the Twitter accounts of popular models. Then begin to follow their male followers. No more than 40 per 8 hours. Although Twitter supposedly lets you do 1,000 follows a day, take it slow and steady. Some of them will follow you back, so within a few days, you should have a large amount of potential clients to advertise to. For example, when you are online, send out a tweet! Send status updates, pictures, promotions, and/or discounts. Just don’t over tweet.
- On your Twitter account make sure you have a picture of yourself that will encourage people to visit you on cam. Also tweet regularly. You don’t need to be on Twitter all day but 3 – 4 tweets a day will make sure you show up in feeds.
- Show your personality in your tweets, you should be tweeting when you are going online but if this is all you do people will feel they are getting hard sold to. Tweet pictures of yourself, what you are doing with your day, stuff you like etc etc
- Promote in your profile. You can do this on Twitter or other social network sites. Add a link to your website in your profile. This way, when you add people and they come to see who you are, they may click. Use bitly to make your links small and customize their looks.
- Create your own website about yourself and your webcam activities. Although make sure you don’t include personal information that will allow people to find you. Also make sure to get privacy for the domain, so people can’t look up your information. A well-made website could provide you with more traffic from Google and other search engines. It also allows you to have another place to interact with potential clients and regulars.
- Make a Facebook fan page. Just avoid linking it with your real Facebook account. On the Facebook page, you can interact with people as well, turning some into regulars. You can also promote your online times or when you come on cam unscheduled.
- Make use of all of the webcam site’s features! Some have fan clubs, which gives you more ways to make money. Others let you sell pictures and videos. Take advantage of those things and promote them on your social networks.
Fan Club – the best way to stand out from the crowd.
Pose, Tease and Talk to your viewers! You will be much more attractive to them if you let them know things about yourself and your behind-the-scenes life! Create your Fan Club and we guarantee that the Members will notice you!
Tip: Use separate outfits in different pictures set in as many locations as possible.
Each Member has special needs and desires and they are all searching for that one Model that can understand and fulfill those. Write a note about each member in the JasminCam application to remember the Member’s personality and needs. This way you will know exactly what they expect and what to offer to keep them satisfied. Create a personal bond with your Members and you will see the results.
We recommend sending personalized offline messages to your Members. This will help them feel that they are not just traffic in your room, but a person that had all your attention at that moment. The number of Members that you contact is up to you, but the more messages you send, the more chance you have for returning Members.
Are you a very active person and have a lot of experiences to share with your fans? Does your Model account have its Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr, VK and Flickr accounts active and up to date? Do you have your own website or blog where you share your private thoughts? Promote yourself and keep your members informed about your activities and you will be surprised how much you have in common with them. Please note the rules of the site: promoting other services is not allowed. Use the other platforms instead, to help Members finding you on our site. Additionally, we can help you create your own page:
- Whitelabel site: http://www.thefanshop.net/en/
- Twitter accounts
After that, the sky is the limit! You can develop your page, promote it or use various marketing strategies to raise your income.
We hope that everything mentioned in this guide will help you when you feel that your traffic could be improved. We left the most important piece of advice for last: HAVE PATIENCE. Whether you are a new Model or an experienced one, all of you have to work with an unpredictable element, the human factor. Always remember this and do not be disappointed if your results are not exactly what you want straight away. Be patient, positive and look to the future. As the old saying goes:
„ A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”.
Based on experience and Models’ statistics, we recommend working a minimum of 40 hours/week to earn good money. The more time you spend online, the more Members check you out, take you to Private Chat or decide to return. Models with higher income spend up to 100-120 hours online every period.
Exclusivity makes the difference! Spending time online is important, but it is not the key factor. We found that by focusing all your attention and energy on one site is much better than dividing it between several sites. Trust us, your Members will feel the difference.
You should invest time and energy into possible future returning clients. According to our statistics, a large percentage of Model income is generated by returning clients.
There is no general rule that says which time is the best to be online. You must experiment with different time periods (morning, late night, afternoon) and see which one works the best for you. Please note, having a regular schedule on the site helps you to get more returning Members.
As you already know, a first impression is made within a few seconds. You should show how happy you are to be here and how willing you are to have a good time. We found that focusing the camera on a Model’s face had the best feedback from Members. A welcoming smile and a positive attitude will be the difference between a quick session or a long private. We recommend that 90% of your camera feed should focus on your face and charming smile. Also, looking straight into the camera will give the Members the impression that you are maintaining eye contact and will give your room a more “realistic” atmosphere.
Speak, don’t type, in the Free Chat area. With that, you can answer everyone, create a pleasant atmosphere and pay attention to each Member. Be different from the other Models on the site, because you are truly unique!!
A relaxed posture and looking straight into camera gives the Member an impression of familiarity and confidence. Try to keep your face and body visible in the camera feed, as much as possible. What cannot be seen, cannot be appreciated.
Even if it is hard to keep up with the Guests, you should try! Every Member started out as a Guest and based on our statistics, 40% of Guests return as Members in the future. They are simply testing out the service first, if they like it, they will buy it. The secret is: conversion, conversion, conversion!
After checking the professional pictures on the site, the Member will have high expectations about the Models online. Make sure to keep your appearance as close as possible to your pictures.
You want to offer a crystal clear camera feed that looks and feels natural. For this you must be able to stream in HD quality. Make sure to have our Support colleagues check your video feed and set your camera settings properly.